On Friday, 11th December, millions of people in the UK put on a Christmas jumper to raise money for Save the Children. To make it even more fun, we extended it to Christmas outfits, encouraging people to go mad! The Teknek team did not disappoint, embracing the occasion, and unleashing their creativity.
2020 has been a year unlike any other, and at Teknek, it was important for us not to forget our values.
Save the Children help children stay safe, healthy and learning, in over 100 countries, including the UK. The charity leads the way when it comes to tackling pneumonia, hunger and protecting children in war while ensuring each child's unique needs are cared for.
By texting TEAMTEKNEK, we raised a credible £300. The Teknek Directors matched that amount, resulting in a combined total of £600 raised for Save the Children.
Here are some amazing examples of what Save the Children can do with as little as £2:
· £2 could pay for hand sanitiser to help fight coronavirus in one of Save the Children’s medical clinics
· £6 could buy a face shield for a superhero health worker in Yemen
· £10 could buy antibiotics to help five children beat malnutrition
· £20 could buy a back-to-school kit for a child in Indonesia
· £60 could buy toys and books to support children from struggling families in the UK
· £100 could buy a first aid kit for a health worker in Somalia